Describes how abandoned carts work in Unific and HubSpot
Abandoned cart flow
For Deal based abandoned carts in HubSpot, the deals move from Checkout Pending --> Checkout Abandoned --> Checkout Completed
- Checkout Pending - a deal is created in this stage first. It's when the user begins a checkout on the store and puts in their email address
- Checkout Abandoned - a deal in checkout pending is moved to checkout abandoned 15 minutes after the deal is created in checkout pending
- Checkout Completed - a deal in checkout abandoned OR pending is moved to completed if the user completes their checkout in the store.
When are abandoned carts triggered and put into checkout pending?
The specific trigger is different per shopping cart, but in general, the trigger is when the customer is in the checkout process and puts in their email address.
Shopify - when the customer enters their address details in the checkout and clicks next to go to the payment details page
Magento - during checkout after the customer enters their email address in Magento and goes to the payment page
WooCommerce - during checkout after the user enters their email address into the email address field and clicks off that field
BigCommerce - during checkout when the customer enters their email address and goes to the payment details page
Abandoned Cart feature vs Browse Abandonment feature
- An abandoned cart email is triggered for customers who started a checkout and entered their email addresses.
- Browse abandonment is when the visitor just looked at one or more product pages and left the website. This is not a feature currently.
Links to other abandoned cart resources in Unifiic's Knowledge Base