Get started with by diving into the creation of your first coupon with this step by step walkthrough.
Our Dynamic Coupons are meant to be a marketing tool that helps ecommerce merchants achieve their business goals.
We have developed Dynamic Coupons to be easy to make and easy to use, avoiding bulk creation but rather, personalizing them to customer triggered events.
Anyone can use Dynamic Coupons, but there are some steps that you need to follow to ensure everything goes smoothly. This walkthrough is meant to help you set up your first coupon rule and follow best use guidelines for any new rule you wish to create in the future.
1. Enable Dynamic Coupons from your Unific Portal.
2. Create coupon code and expiration date storage properties:
Since our app is meant to create the coupon inside your cart we then sync it back to HubSpot as a property. You get to create that property to personalize it.
Hot tip: Remember to create both this properties for each campaign you run and use a name that easily refers to said campaign, including the year if it is a seasonal thing.
3. Create your first rule inside the portal and use the property you created.
Hot tip: Keep in mind your target audience when creating your rule, is it for new or repeat customers? Do they need a light nudge to purchase or a hard discount to buy? Look into our segments app to discover more about segmenting.
Unific creates two properties in the HubSpot contact record called "Coupon Code Campaign X Offered - Unific" and "Coupon Code Campaign X Expiration Date - Unific". You can select these properties in your coupon rules to save the coupon code and expiration data for the particular contact that will be sent the coupon.
4. Create an email where you will insert the properties and send it to your clients.
Hot tip: Make it enticing and personal if you can, this is not just a coupon or a discount, it is a gateway into experiencing first hand the value your brand and product can bring to your customer's lives.
5. Create your workflow.
Hot tip: Customer events are events triggered by customer behavior, second purchase, browsing history, add to cart, anything. Try to target them after this events since this mean they have shown clear interest in your products.
And that is it! So let's recap some best usage guides:
1. Remember to always create new properties for every new campaign you create and chose them when creating the coupon rule.
2. Be sure to include the properties as personalized tokens in the email, which should be automated.
3. Create rules based on segmenting your customers so you can be more personalized when reaching them.