A step-by-step guide on creating a Shopify draft order in HubSpot using Quotific
If you're new to Quotific, learn more about it here!
Note: To create a draft order in Shopify, the customer from Shopify must exist in HubSpot before you attempt to create an order. This will be fixed in a release in the near future.
Note: To see the Quotific iframe, you must be logged in to your Unific account (at app.unific.com) in the same browser but in a different tab or window.
Let's get started on setting up Quotific!
- Go to https://www.hubspot.com/ and log in with your store credentials.
- Go to the "Contacts" tab and go to the page of the profile you would like to create.
- Find the "Quotific" section on the right side of the contact record page. Click "Create Draft Order".
- Fill in your Unific login details in the pop-up screen that appears.
- If the contact information that appears is correct, then click "Next".
- Select the products you'd like to be included in your draft order from the Dropdown Menu. Click "Next".
- Add any discounts you'd like to have for the draft order. Click "Next".
- Fill in shipping information for the draft order. Click "Next".
- Review the details for the draft order and add any notes if needed. If everything looks good, click "Next".
- Click "Create Draft Order". Congrats! You've now created a draft order.
- Now, go to your Shopify store portal and go to the "Drafts" tab on the left menu bar. You should be able to see the draft order you just created!
- If you navigate to the "Deals" tab in HubSpot, you should be able to see the draft order. If you don't see it, ensure the deals are ordered from most recent to least recent using "Last Modified Date".
- If you click on the deal, you can see its properties.